The Network aims to be a focal point for the social enterprise sector within Plymouth providing a way for social enterprises to exchange information, ideas and expertise helping to strengthen the sector, represent the interests of social enterprises and provide the opportunity for social enterprises to influence the development of their sector within Plymouth.
What does the network do?
- Provides a forum for discussion at bi-monthly meetings
- Shares information via email bulletins and social media
- Creates and maintains a website to support members
- Promotes our members and their work to other stakeholders
- Hosts an annual showcase event
- Facilitates development of commercial opportunities amongst social enterprises
- Enables more collaborative working
- Encourages learning and sharing of expertise
What are the benefits?
For the Network to be successful, members would be seeking the following benefits:
- Commerce – The Network acts as a marketplace increasing commercial opportunities amongst social enterprises themselves. It highlights other business opportunities both in and outside of Plymouth.
- Communications – The Network provide a forum to share information and news about the sector and individual businesses. It increases networking opportunities and provides a platform for debate about key issues identified by the members.
- Representation – The Network plays an important lobbying role by representing and promoting the social enterprise sector in Plymouth.
- Collaboration – The Network facilitates sharing of resources amongst social enterprises more effectively and provides opportunities for joint working and development of informal and formal partnerships.
- Learning – The Network enables learning form others from with the sector and public, voluntary or private sectors. It will engage relevant speakers on issues requested by the members. It provides a forum for sharing expertise and insight.
The Network is a Community Interest Company, Company Registration Number 09130295. The Community Interest Statement says that we will:
- Run a network which supports the development of social enterprise activity
- Raise awareness of social enterprise as a way of doing business
The Network is a member of the following organisations:
Social Enterprise UK, the national body for social enterprise. They represent their members to support and help grow the social enterprise movement – http://www.socialenterprise.org.uk